The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part Two official trailer “We March Together” was released on July 23rd. This is the first full length trailer, and it squeezed a lot of this movie into two minutes and thirty-four seconds. I can’t wait for this movie, despite knowing that I will most likely be an emotional wreck throughout it. Mockingjay Part One was a great build-up movie but lacked a lot of the action that we had grown so accustomed to from this franchise. This trailer right off the bat looks amazing. I really need to reread this book because I do not remember it at all.
10 Best Moments of the Mockingjay Part Two Official Trailer “We March Together”
- All of the Symbolism: We start off the trailer with Snow’s mansion, which is covered in snow. We see the white rose again. We get the creepy line, “I’ve been watching you and you’ve been watching me” all in the first few seconds. I’m ready to see the Katniss and President Snow face-off in this last movie. All of the symbols are being used right away.
- Exhausted Katniss: We see a worn down and just plain tired Katniss. It is great seeing her as a real human being who would be exhausted after all of this. The Hunger Games, both in the books and the movies, has consistently taken the time to show the psychological effects that this world has on its characters, which is amazing.
- THE TRAPS: Seeing all of the traps on the map was really exciting. I don’t remember this from the book; maybe I just really need to reread this, but I think it is super cool. When Finnick says, “Welcome to the 76th annual Hunger Games,” it brings so much more of a cohesive franchise appeal than the last book had for the series. It feels like they are making a Hunger Games on a grand scale, and it looks fantastic. The black tar freaks me out.
- Similarities to the First Movies: I loved the scene of Katniss walking out from where the chariots arrived for the games and all of the people falling in behind her. It was one of those scenes that just hits you as being perfect.
- Prim and Katniss Dancing: This scene looks to be at Annie and Finnick’s wedding. I’m going to start mentally preparing myself now for my impending tears.
- Peeta’s Voiceover:“Our lives were never ours. They belong to Snow and our deaths do too.” Peeta’s lines gave me chills. These lines are so powerful, especially with the scenes of them fighting in the background.
- Montage of Action Sequences: Part One kind of lacked the same intensity of action that the first two movies had, so these scenes show that they wanted to go out with a bang. Best scene snippet: Katniss kicking some mutant water creature.
- Finnick and Annie’s Wedding: Finnick and Annie’s relationship is more of a focus in the movies. I can’t wait to see this in the movie.
- Good Ol’ Haymitch: We see a short shot of Haymitch being Haymitch. He looks like he is being supportive. I don’t really remember him at all in the second half of the book, but I hope we get to see a bit of him in this one.
- Teaser Shots at the End: The chaotic fast clips right at the very end that are very hard to discern what is actually happening. Hold up–there was someone who looked like a cat? Not quite sure what that is about.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part Two hits theaters on November 22nd, 2015.